1. an unintentional failure to notice or do something.
2. the action of overseeing something.
Oversight is a participatory live video environment prepared with a padded table-top tunnel; six surveillance cameras; an automatic video sequencer; wooden camera mounts; a white noise machine; a microphone; and a guitar amplifier.
A live video feed is placed inside a tunnel on a soft table. Visitors are invited to crawl inside the tunnel and find a live video image of their face. Turning a dial activates a five-camera video switcher located outside the tunnel for the selected number of seconds. The visitor sees a sequence of one-second camera angles of the exposed part of their body accompanied by an amplified white noise machine.
1. Enter into tunnel and find self image.
2. Turn the dial to the desired number of seconds to activate exterior video switcher.
3. Move as desired.
4. The freestanding cameras outside the tunnel may be repositioned.
Oversight was also exhibited in an adapted crawlspace format at Death By Audio in Brooklyn, NY from November 6, 2014 to November 23, 2014.